Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

2015 North Carolina State Fair Cake

Well, here I am again after a long hiatus! (Sorry about that!) I just realized that I never posted my entry for the 2015 NC State Fair, so thought I'd remedy that. As I think I've mentioned before, I always enjoy using my state fair entry as a way to try something new and really have fun! When I decided to focus on orchids, I didn't want to just have the orchids displayed on a normal shaped multi-tiered cake - I wanted something different, a little more realistic. So, I decided to attempt a potted orchid plant! Overall, I'm still very happy with the outcome even if it didn't result in a blue ribbon. And I discovered that I enjoyed making sugar orchids, even with all their minuscule parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment